Living in Living Systems
This series of seminars is about appreciating and becoming more skilled at functioning in a diverse and rapidly changing world. We will begin to explore the world of systems through a combination of intellectual rigor, playful interaction, multi-textured emotion, and ecological awe.
This first session is about appreciating and becoming more skilled at functioning in the world, by increasing our ability to see and interact with complexity.
- Watch and discuss the film An Ecology of Mind
- History of systems thinking and Cybernetics
- Relational description and epistemology
Using the ideas and vocabulary presented in the first session, this session is about communication that supports an “ecology of conversation.”
- Symmathesy: Characteristics of mutual learning in living systems
- Transcontextual description
- Identity through a transcontextual lens
Using the Symmathesy lab we will explore transcontextual interaction, and how to respond to within living systems.
- Presentation of Warm data as a concept
- Warm data lab – full day Saturday
Aesthetic – This concept is probably the most important aspect of understanding systems, and the least understood.
- Introduction to aesthetics
- Meaning-making through a transcontextual lens
- Synesthesia – introduction and exercise
ANMÄLAN görs till Leena Nygren på firstname.lastname@example.org
KURSDAGAR VÅREN 2018: 5 maj, 6 maj, 19 maj, 20 maj.
KURSKOSTNAD: 5600 kronor + moms per deltagare
Nora Bateson is an award-winning filmmaker, writer and educator, as well as President of the International Bateson Institute, based in Sweden. Her work brings the fields of biology, cognition, art, anthropology, psychology, and information technology together into a study of the patterns in ecology of living systems. Her book, Small Arcs of Larger Circles, released by Triarchy Press, UK, 2016 is a revolutionary personal approach to the study of systems and complexity.
Noras book and the seminars are so beautifully enlightening!
Nora har ett fantastiskt sätt att ta sig tid och förklara så att man får en annan förståelse av världen och hur saker hänger samman…